You have questions, and we have (some) answers. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, send us a note.
GitHub Universe—the premier event for the global developer community—is taking place virtually and is streaming to you for free, wherever you are in the world. Our main livestream action runs October 27 and 28 from 8:00 am - 10:30 am (PDT) each day.
Check out our schedule for details on the keynote and livestream, interactive sessions, and on demand content.
- Interactive sessions—live Q&As, workshops, and more—are available in PDT, CEST and IST timezone friendly blocks.
- Forty on demand sessions will be unlocked after the keynote on October 27 (PDT) so you can dive deeper into topics at your own pace, on your own time.
- Beyond Universe programming is back this year. These events are opportunities to gather, network, and learn in the days surrounding and during GitHub Universe. All sessions are free but will require advance registration. Space is limited.
Universe is for anyone involved in software development. No matter where you are in your software journey, you’ll find content at Universe for you. Program content is designed around two core areas:
- Developer: geared towards open source contributors and maintainers running projects of all sizes, as well as developers looking to understand the latest software tools, techniques, and best practices.
- Enterprise: tailored for senior leaders and decision-makers from global companies interested in transformation, security, scalability, and productivity.
Choose from sessions that cover topics including, DevOps, security, developer productivity, and the open source community. Whoever you are, wherever you are, GitHub Universe welcomes you.
Yes. GitHub Universe 2021 is completely virtual, and all GitHub-produced content was made in accordance with local laws and CDC guidelines, including maintaining strict mask, vaccination and other security protocols.
To watch the keynote and livestream content, head to githubuniverse.com on the date and time of the broadcast. Comments and questions will take place on GitHub Discussions, which requires a (free) GitHub account. If you register for live interactive sessions, we will email you details about logging in and participating.
Registration is required to participate in interactive sessions. To save your virtual seat:
- Register for Universe and log in with your GitHub credentials
- Check out our Schedule and filter by “Interactive” sessions
- Select the checkbox on any interactive session you plan to attend and press the "save your selected sessions" button.
Capacity is limited (and demand is high) so save your spot now!
This is standard language for all GitHub App authorizations. It is not its own permission that’s being requested and is not granting access to any private data. You can find more about authorizing GitHub Apps here.
We are taking all of the latest standards into consideration, both as we design the website and build out content. GitHub Universe has taken the following steps:
- Githubuniverse.com meets AAA standards
- All speakers have been provided with guidelines for presentations
- Closed captioning for all livestream and on demand content is available
- Live audio translation in Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Russian, Mandarin and Japanese is available for the main livestream
- Virtual space for taking a break from deep engagement and for finding a place of focus for your work
Live audio translation will be available during the livestream on October 27 and 28, 8:30 am – 10:30 am PDT. Go to github.co/listen and enter the code “GitHub” to access the translations in Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Russian, Mandarin and Japanese.
Please hover over the bottom right of the video player and click on the five bars to enable sound. You can change the sound level by changing the number of bars selected. If you're still having trouble reach out to us for further help in Discussions or email@example.com.
We recommend the following for the best interactive session experience in Goldcast:
- Use the Chrome browser on your desktop
- Turn off VPNs, ad blockers, and firewalls
For additional troubleshooting, click here to learn more about configuring your connection settings.
The interactive sessions are being recorded and select sessions will be posted for on demand viewing. Registered attendees will be notified when sessions are available. Stay tuned!